Addressing The Needs Of Victims Injured In Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks are far larger than other vehicles on the road. As a result, they have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries or even death. In the aftermath of a truck accident, it is vital to take action right away as there is a statute of limitations on filing a personal injury claim in Washington. Once this window of time has elapsed, you could miss out on the valuable compensation you need for your medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
For many years, people throughout Western Washington have placed their trust in the Law Office of James A. Conley to handle their legal needs after a serious truck accident. That’s because our attorney, James A. Conley, uses his 28 years of legal experience to seek out the most favorable outcomes for his clients. Committed to results and helping good people recover maximum compensation after a crash, Mr. Conley provides immeasurable help in what is often our clients’ darkest hour.
We Can Address All Forms Of Negligence
While it’s not uncommon for negligent drivers in smaller vehicles to cause truck accidents, a large number of crashes are due to truck driver carelessness or safety violations caused by trucking company negligence. Common causes include:
- Truck driver fatigue — This is often the result of pressure from trucking companies to meet unrealistic delivery schedules.
- Intoxication or chemical impairment — Can be caused by the use of alcohol, illegal drugs or prescription medication that has known side effects that are dangerous while operating a vehicle.
- Careless or reckless driving — Truck drivers are just as capable as other drivers of speeding, following too close to other vehicles, changing lanes without signaling or failing to make wide enough turns, just to name a few.
- Load balance and weight issues — If cargo is not balanced or secured properly in the trailer, shifting weight while navigating turns can result in catastrophic tip-over accidents.
- Poor vehicle maintenance — Trucking companies that fail to perform routine maintenance on semitrailer trucks risk serious mechanical or tire failures that could result in serious or fatal collisions.
- Ignoring federal safety regulations — From altering hours of service logbooks to failing to inquire about substance abuse issues with truck drivers, trucking companies can be held liable in crashes if it’s determined their negligence had a direct link to a crash.
We have extensive experience handling a wide variety of personal injury claims and can easily identify negligence in its many forms. When you work with the Law Office of James A. Conley, we will make sure the correct forms of negligence are identified, the responsible parties are held accountable, and you recover maximum compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one.
We Hold All Applicable Parties Accountable For A Serious Or Fatal Crash
Trucking accidents differ from auto accidents in many ways. For example, commercial trucking companies are required to follow a number of rules and regulations governing their conduct. These regulations govern the number of hours a truck driver can drive, when to take rest breaks, how much weight a truck can carry and a host of other issues. When trucking companies cut corners, people can sustain life-altering injuries as a result.
In addition, there may be many potential parties in a trucking accident claim. For example, the cab and the trailer may have different owners. If the truck was improperly loaded, the company that loaded the trailer could share liability. At the Law Office of James A. Conley, our law firm will conduct a full investigation of the accident, working with experts as necessary. We prepare every case for trial in order to build a powerful personal injury claim.
Do you have questions concerning your claim? See if we’ve already answered it on our Personal Injury FAQ page. Don’t see your question? Contact us. We’re happy to answer your questions so you can make informed decisions about your claim.
Work With Our Experienced Attorney Today
Recovering fair compensation for you is our top priority here at the Law Office of James A. Conley. To ensure we achieve this goal, we provide a free consultation where we can discuss your injuries and compensation options. In addition, we accept all injury and wrongful death claims on a contingency basis.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation with our experienced personal injury lawyer, contact our Seattle office by calling us at 425-329-3597. You may also complete our online contact form today if it’s more convenient.